This Week — August 7, 2022
It’s National Farmers Market Week! So declares the USDA, which also says “Local and regional food systems — including farmers markets — are critical to the future of the nation’s food system.” Thanks, USDA, we agree! We’ll celebrate this week, but doesn’t it feel like a celebration every week at Brighton Farmers’ Market? Thank you farmers, producers, and customers for celebrating and supporting this Market and our stronger local food system!
We love the parade of pups each week, but this week’s going to be a hot one, too hot for paws on sizzling blacktop. Please leave the furry family members home this week.
Music at the Market
This Sunday we welcome Gregory Street Vagabonds to the music tent.
ColorBrightonGreen.org joins us with information on how to live more sustainably, especially in this time of climate change.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Brighton Food Cupboard
Please consider donating to the Brighton Food Cupboard to support their efforts to support a stronger local food system for all.
Vendors This Week
BeeWild Honey Company
- raw honey and honey products
- new apples and peaches
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soap
- lettuces, arugula, kale, fresh young beans, basil, squash, bi-color sweet corn
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
- a variety of cookies including traditional and gluten free/vegan, granola bars, and chocolate fudge; all products are dairy-free
- green zucchini, yellow summer squash, cukes, grass-grown and finished Angus beef, dry beans (black, pinto, red kidney)
firstname.lastname@example.org or text (preferred) 585 261-5680
- certified organic green pepper, poblano pepper, eggplant, beets, carrots, spaghetti squash, sweet onion, cooking onion, cucumber, scallion, arugula, basil, parsley, cherry tomato, heirloom tomato, garlic, organic spray-free tree-ripened peaches
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, email@example.com, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic vegetables and melons
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries, pizza
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
- certified organic artichokes, tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, squash, lettuce mix, gem lettuce, onions, shallots, garlic, beets, kale, dandelion, chard, dill, parsley, cilantro, thyme, sage, oregano, rosemary, basil
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
email email@example.com or phone/text 585-750-4244
- bourbon balls, blueberry & mixed berry muffins, monster chocolate brownies, Grandma’s breakfast cake, Grandma Hazel’s chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cranberry cookies, lemon-berry dream cake, Jonathan’s classic carrot cake, Beyond Chocolate cake, vegan/GF Beyond Chocolate cake, peanut butter balls, Mom’s macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches
- pre-order online at www.jonjohnsbakery.com. Offering Tuesday-Saturday pick-up and delivery and pre-orders for Market.
Kettle Ridge Farm
- maple and honey products, maple glazed sour cream donuts, maple ice cream sandwiches, maple ice cream pints, shave ice with natural maple and honey flavoring
- peaches, donut peaches, nectarines, blueberry, raspberry, the last of the cherries, red and yellow plums, apricots, mixed tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, radish
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors. All eggs farm fresh from Fisher Hill Farm.
- certified organic lettuce bouquets; mild, zesty, and green ice salad mix; cherry tomatoes; heirloom slicing tomatoes; kale; rainbow Swiss chard; escarole; endive; dandelion greens; scallions; red and yellow sweet Italian peppers; yellow jalapeno peppers; orange, red, yellow, purple and white carrots; radishes of all kinds; fennel; green beans; Italian flat pod beans; celery; Italian purple, striped, and Asian eggplant; purple and white kohlrabi; red and golden beets; garlic; herb plants; 6-packs of lettuces, chard, and kales; bay laurel, blueberry, grape plants; figs; succulents; hanging baskets; organic potting soil
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
- hand-crafted small batch hot sauces made from Finger Lakes produce, including seasonal Wild Life Hot Sauce featuring local ramps and spring onions
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Newbury Park Pastries
- chicken, veggie, panang, shepherds, and specialty chicken tarragon and shrimp panang pot pies; roasted red pepper, fresh mozzarella and Swiss chard quiche; traditional, raspberry and fig rugelach and cut out cookies
Noto Fruit Farm
- peaches, plums, blueberries, pears, nectarines, tomatoes
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, boneless breasts, leg quarters, wings, stock bags; pasture-raised pork fed organic feed: chops, ground, shoulder, belly, Italian sausage, uncured ham steaks
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfamilyfarm.com/store
- sweet onions, red onions, shallots, shishito peppers, sweet peppers, Jimmy Nardello peppers, celery, heirloom tomatoes, basil, parsley, lettuce, radicchio, garlic, poblano peppers, hot peppers, summer squash, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, beets, rosemary
- contact email@example.com or call 585 789-0420
Schenk Homestead Farm
- baby salad greens; head lettuce: Nancy green butterhead, Bauer green oakleaf, Marciano red butterhead, Cegolaine bibb lettuce; romaine head; Benefine endive aka frisee; escarole; French breakfast radish; purple radish; red radish; scallions/bunching onions; mircrogreens: mild mix, red mustard, red Russian kale; broccoli; lacinato kale; curly green kale; cucumbers; green and yellow zucchini
- raw, fresh honey harvested this week, with active enzymes; light summer honey with clover and other summer flowers; full assortment and sizes of seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher. Live honey bees in their observation hive. Accepting donations for non-profit NY Bee Wellness.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- certified organic chicken eggs; certified organic pork: spare ribs, ground, six types of sausage with organic seasonings; no-nitrite, organically smoked traditional bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, summer picnic hams, deli ham, bacon and ham ends, ham slices, hocks, fresh ham steaks, fresh minute steaks, butt roasts, soup bones, leaf lard; certified organic whole and half broiler chickens, certified organic whole and half pekin ducks, certified organic stew hens; grass-fed lamb raised on organic pastures: ground, neck roasts, soup bones
- mushrooms, mushroom grow kits
Squash Blossom Farm
- escarole, frisee endive, chard, kale, fennel, cabbage, parsley, beets, sweet onions, scallions, shallots, celery, eggplant, peppers, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash blossoms
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- fresh bunches of new lisianthus, the first dahlias of the season, dianthus, sunflowers, specialty zinnias, mixed bouquets
- pesticide-free blueberries and possibly a few blackberries
White Oak Farm
- English cucumbers, turnips, beets, lettuce, kohlrabi, carrots, tomatoes, spring onions, fennel
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- a variety of garden perennials
See you Sunday!