This Week — June 26, 2022
Summer arrived this week in all her hot and sunny glory! Hot and sunny means farmers’ tables at Brighton Farmers’ Market are starting to fill with the eagerly awaited crops that make upstate New York the tastiest place to spend summer. Join us as well celebrate the season’s arrival this Sunday.
A reminder about hot and sunny days at the Market — ordinarily we welcome well-behaved dogs on leash, but on very hot days the blacktop becomes dangerously hot for pups’ tender paws. Please leave pets at home when the temperature climbs.
Music at the Market
This Sunday we welcome Scatter the Mud to the music tent.
Ask a Scientist returns with info on “Life in the Quantum Realm.”
Staff from Brighton Memorial Library joins us with information about the summer reading program.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Brighton Food Cupboard
Please consider donating to the Brighton Food Cupboard to support their efforts to support a stronger local food system for all.
Vendors This Week
BeeWild Honey Company
- raw honey and honey products
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soap
- bibb lettuce, lettuce bouquets, spring mix, dandelion greens, curly kale, Tuscan kale, spicy mix, sorrel, microgreens, bok choi, escarole, arugula, cilantro, basil
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
Boy and the Baker
- a variety of baked goods
- a variety of cookies including traditional and gluten free/vegan, granola bars, and chocolate fudge; all products are dairy-free
- grass-grown and finished Angus beef, dry beans (black, pinto, red kidney, small red, cranberry), nettles, catnip
firstname.lastname@example.org or text (preferred) 585 261-5680
- certified organic sugar snap peas, kale, collard, chard, fennel, scallion, garlic scapes, fresh herbs (basil, parsley, tarragon, mint, marjoram, thyme
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, email@example.com, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
- variety of prepared foods, salads, and baked goods
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic strawberries (by the basket and by the flat) green romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, rainbow chard, green curly kale, red curly kale, dino kale, komatsuna, red komatsuna, garlic scapes, baby summer squash, culinary herb transplants, nasturtium transplants (likely the final week)
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries, pizza
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
- certified organic tomatoes, eggplant, cabbage, strawberries, purple snow peas, celery, fennel, baby beets, kale, rainbow chard, dandelion, lettuce mix, romaine, gem lettuce, spring onions, spring garlic, scallions, garlic scapes, various herbs, ginger plants, potted herbs
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
email email@example.com or phone/text 585-750-4244
- Rainbow Pride cookies (a portion of proceeds will go to Men of Color Health Awareness Project — the MOCHA Center), bourbon balls, blueberry & mixed berry muffins, monster chocolate brownies, Grandma’s breakfast cake, Grandma Hazel’s chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cranberry cookies, multi-layered lemon-berry dream cake, Jonathan’s classic carrot cake, Beyond Chocolate cake, vegan/GF Beyond Chocolate cake, peanut butter balls, Mom’s macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches
- pre-order online at www.jonjohnsbakery.com. Offering Tuesday-Saturday pick-up and delivery and pre-orders for Market.
Kettle Ridge Farm
- maple and honey products, maple glazed sour cream donuts, maple ice cream sandwiches, maple ice cream pints, shave ice with natural maple and honey flavoring
- strawberries, raspberries, maybe a few sweet cherries, apples, lettuce, kale, chard, spinach, zucchini, summer squash, beets, radish
Lakestone Family Farm
- whole chickens, eggs
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors including sausage gravy poutine. All eggs farm fresh from Fisher Hill Farm.
- certified organic lettuce bouquets; salad mix; cherry tomatoes; snap peas; strawberries; garlic scapes; fresh garlic; herb, tomato, pepper, and eggplant transplants; 6-packs of lettuce, chard, kale, cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and other greens; dwarf patio tomatoes; bay laurel, blueberry, and grape plants; bay laurel; figs; succulents; hanging baskets; organic potting soil
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Newbury Park Pastries
- chicken, veggie, panang, shepherds, and specialty pot pies plus rugelach and cut out cookies
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, boneless breasts, leg quarters, wings; pasture-raised pork fed organic feed: chops, ground, belly, shoulder, loin, uncured ham steaks; pasture-raised lamb: leg, rib chops, loin chops, ground, stew meat
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfamilyfarm.com/store
- sugar snap peas, snow peas, red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, sunflower shoots, broccoli, carrots, beets, chard, kale, green cabbage, napa cabbage, green shallots, garlic scapes, parsley, cilantro, dill, rosemary, edible flowers
- contact email@example.com or call 585 789-0420
- green garlic, bok choi, specialty greens mixes, garlic scapes, soaps
- cherry-sage, ginger, strawberry-basil kombucha
Schenk Homestead Farm
- baby salad greens; head lettuce: Nancy green butterhead, Bauer green oakleaf, Marciano red butterhead, Cegolaine bibb lettuce; romaine head; Benefine endive aka frisee; escarole; French breakfast radish; purple radish; red radish; scallions/bunching onions; mircrogreens: mild mix, red mustard, red Russian kale; broccoli; lacinato kale; curly green kale; cucumbers; green and yellow zucchini
- raw, fresh honey with active enzymes, very light spring honey with black locust blossom (acacia)0; full assortment and sizes of seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher. Live honey bees in their observation hive. Accepting donations for non-profit NY Bee Wellness.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- certified organic chicken eggs; certified organic pork: ground, six types of sausage with organic seasonings; no-nitrite, organically smoked traditional bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, deli ham, summer picnic hams, bacon and ham ends, ham slices, hocks, fresh ham steaks, fresh minute steaks, butt roasts, soup bones, leaf lard; certified organic whole broiler chickens, certified organic whole and half pekin ducks, certified organic stew hens; grass-fed lamb raised on organic pastures: ground, shanks, leg steaks, shoulder chops, racks, soup bones
- mushrooms, mushroom grow kits
Squash Blossom Farm
- butter lettuce, mini crunch lettuce, frisee endive, escarole, turnips, radishes, beets, cilantro, parsley, dill, kale, chard, scallions, arugula, spinach, courgettes
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- fresh peony bunches, feverfew, snapdragons, mixed bouquets
- pesticide-free strawberries
White Oak Farm
- English cucumbers, strawberries, turnips, beets, lettuce, kohlrabi, carrots, spring onions, fennel
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- a variety of garden perennials
See you Sunday!