This Week at the Market
This Week — May 22, 2022
The apple trees are in full bloom on K&S Bischoping’s farm. They’re beautiful now, and offer the promise of sweet treats to come. Spring is the season of anticipation! Please join us this Sunday 9-1 for spring’s earliest offerings.
At the Market
We welcome The Meghan Kehrer Trio to the music tent.
Ask a Scientist will offer information on solar eclipse.
Please consider donating to the Brighton Food Cupboard to support their efforts to support a stronger local food system for all.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Vendors This Week
BeeWild Honey Company
- raw honey and honey products
- Gala, Cameo, Crispin, Gold Delicious, and Macon apples
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soaps
- bibb lettuce,lettuce bouquets, spring mix, dandelion greens, curly kale, Tuscan kale, spicy mix, sorrel, microgreens, bok choi, escarole, arugula, cilantro
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
Boy and the Baker
- a variety of baked goods
- grass-grown and finished Angus beef, dry beans, dried catnip
firstname.lastname@example.org or text (preferred) 585 261-5680
- certified organic escarole, spinach, asparagus, endive frisee, bunched tender mizuna, red kale, bok choi, radish, bibb lettuce, dill, cilantro, thyme, sweet marjoram, spearmint, arugula
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, email@example.com, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
- variety of prepared foods, salads, and baked goods
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic tomato transplants, herb transplants, medicinal plants, rainbow chard, scallions, green garlic, komatsuna, arugula, spinach, lettuce, radishes, baby kale, Wild Thistle Herbal products
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries, pizza
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
- certified organic Gem lettuce, lettuce mix, spicy mix, baby Red Russian kale, pea shoots, dandelion micro greens, scallions, green garlic, cilantro, nettle, potted herbs, strawberry plants, Singer Farms tart cherry juice, CBD products
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
email email@example.com or phone/text 585-750-4244
- apple cobbler, mac & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut-butter balls, chocolate bourbon balls, blueberry and mixed berry muffins, monster chocolate brownies, Grandma’s breakfast cake, Rainbow Pride cookies, chocolate chip cookies, lemon-berry dream cake, Jonathan’s classic carrot cake, beyond chocolate cake, vegan/GF beyond chocolate cake, ice cold lemonade.
- pre-order online at firstname.lastname@example.org, 585 750-4244. Place your order online and pick up at the market.
Kettle Ridge Farm
- maple and honey products, maple glazed sour cream donuts, maple ice cream sandwiches, maple ice cream pints
- Apples — Evercrisp, Jonagold, Empire, Cortland, Crispin, Idared; baked goods, rhubarb, asparagus
Lakestone Family Farm
- ramps, whole chickens, eggs
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email email@example.com
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors
- Order ahead at lepetitpoutine.com; when you arrive at market, “hop the line” and let the team know you have pre-ordered.
- Certified organic herb, tomato, and pepper transplants; 6-packs of lettuce, chard, kale, cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and other greens; dwarf patio tomatoes; bay laurel; blueberry, rhubarb, goji berry, and grape plants, pear trees, bay laurel, figs, plus succulents, hanging baskets, garlic, and fresh cut bunches of rosemary, organic potting soil
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
- hand-crafted small batch hot sauces made from Finger Lakes produce
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Newbury Park Pastries
- chicken, veggie, panang, shepherds, and specialty sausage, pepper, and onion pot pies, rhubarb and strawberry rhubarb pies, rugelach, cut out cookies
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, leg quarters, bone-in breasts; pasture-raised pork fed organic feed: chops, ground, belly, shoulder, loin, uncured ham steaks; pasture-raised lamb: leg, rib chops, loin chops, ground, stew meat
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfamilyfarm.com/store
- lettuce, salad turnips, kale, chives, sunflower shoots, green garlic, spinach, edible flowers
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585 789-0420
- greens mixes, green garlic, rhubarb, herbs, soaps
- blackberry-orange, ginger, and strawberry-basil kombucha
Schenk Homestead Farm
- purple “Bacchus” radish, red “Rover” radish, French Breakfast radish, crunchy baby greens, premium brassica mx greens, spring onions (red and white), Bauer green oakleaf head lettuce
- seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher. Live honey bees in their observation hive. Accepting donations for non-profit NY Bee Wellness.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, email@example.com or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- certified organic chicken eggs; certified organic pork: ground, six types of sausage with organic seasonings; no-nitrite, organically smoked bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, bacon ends, ham ends, hams, ham slices, hocks, fresh ham steaks, minute steaks, butt roasts, soup bones, leaf lard; certified organic whole broiler chickens, chicken gizzards, hearts, feet, and necks; grass-fed lamb raised on organic pastures: ground, shanks, leg steaks, shoulder chops, racks, bone-in leg roasts, soup bones
- fresh oyster, lion’s mane, and shiitake mushrooms, mushroom grow kits, wild greens, nettles
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- the last bunches of ranunculus of the season, peony-tulip bunches, specialty snapdragons, mixed bouquets
White Oak Farm
- mixed vegetables
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- a variety of perennials just starting to grow, ready for the garden, including some salvias, both blue and white flowering types, a lovely catmint groundcover called Purrsian Blue, and some silver leafed groundcover called Iamium Ghost for shady spots
See you Sunday!