Public Safety Day
This Week — September 25, 2022
It’s time for our annual Public Safety Day at the Market! This Sunday we welcome representatives from Brighton Fire Department, Brighton Police Department, Brighton Volunteer Ambulance, and Brighton Highway Department. They’ll bring trucks and other equipment and offer information on keeping our homes and families safe. Kids are especially welcome! It’s a good opportunity to thank the women and men who dedicate their lives to the safety of the community.
Music at the Market
This Sunday we welcome Womba Africa Drumming to the music tent.
Councilmember on Your Corner returns to discuss hiking and biking in Brighton.
Representatives from ImageOut will offer information about this year’s film schedule.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Brighton Food Cupboard
Please consider donating to the Brighton Food Cupboard to support their efforts to support a stronger local food system for all.
Vendors This Week
- apples, peaches
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soap
- lettuces bouquets, spring mix, bibb lettuce, arugula, heirloom tomatoes, zucchini squash, beets, microgreens, pea shoots, beans
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
- a variety of cookies including traditional and gluten free/vegan, granola bars, and chocolate fudge; all products are dairy-free
- Jester delicata fall squash, carnival and green acorn squash, green beans, grass-grown and finished Angus beef including bulk ground beef and beef patties, dry beans (black, pinto, red kidney, cranberry, small red, three bean blend)
email@example.com or text (preferred) 585 261-5680
- certified organic Seckel pears, celery, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, potatoes (blue, red, russet), butternut squash, carnival acorn squash, sweet onion, onion (Tropea, yellow, red), shallot, garlic, Swiss chard, kale, collards, beets, cilantro, dill, parsley, basil, sage, purple basil. FMNP checks gladly accepted.
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
- variety of prepared foods, salads, and baked goods
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic kale, collards, sweet peppers, hot peppers, eggplant, Keuka Gold potatoes, ADK blue potatoes, red onions, white onions, shallots, garlic, Gala apples, Enterprise apples, Spigold apples, pears, fall and winter squash, tomatillos
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing email@example.com
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries, pizza
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
- certified organic Roma beans, dragon tongue beans, Asian pears, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, kale, chard, dandelion, beets, celery, mini cone cabbage, scallions, onions, shallots, garlic, parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
Kettle Ridge Farm
- maple and honey products, maple glazed sour cream donuts, maple ice cream sandwiches, maple ice cream pints, shave ice with natural maple and honey flavoring
- freestone peaches, nectarines, prune plums, pears, blackberries, raspberries, apples (premier honeycrisp, ginger gold, paula red, zestar, sansa, gala), tomatoes and peppers by the basket for canning, radish, squash (acorn, butternut, delicata, spaghetti, honeynut), gourds
Lakestone Family Farm
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors, pumpkin bars (chewy cake crush with gooey fall spiced cream cheese filling), Concord grape soda made with grapes from the market
- certified organic lettuce bouquets; mild, zesty, and green ice salad mix; cherry tomatoes; heirloom slicing tomatoes; kale; rainbow Swiss chard; escarole; endive; dandelion greens; scallions; red and yellow sweet Italian peppers; yellow jalapeno peppers; orange, red, yellow, purple and white carrots; radishes of all kinds; fennel; green beans; Italian flat pod beans; celery; Italian purple, striped, and Asian eggplant; purple and white kohlrabi; red and golden beets; garlic; herb plants; 6-packs of lettuces, chard, and kales; bay laurel, blueberry, grape plants; figs; succulents; hanging baskets; organic potting soil
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Newbury Park Pastries
- chicken, veggie, panang, and specialty beef stew pot pies, rugelach, pumpkin cut out cookies, pumpkin spice pecan biscotti
Noto Fruit Farm
- peaches, plums, blueberries, pears, nectarines, tomatoes
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, boneless breasts, leg quarters, wings, stock bags; lamb: loin chops, rib chops, half legs, shanks, ground, stew meat
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfamilyfarm.com/store
- carrots, napa cabbage, rainbow chard, sweet peppers, dragon tongue beans, basil, parsley, delicata squash, yellow onions, red onions, sweet onions, lettuce, spinach, shishito peppers, poblano peppers, eggplant, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, chives, shallots, garlic, hot peppers
- contact email@example.com or call 585 789-0420
- garlic, fennel, herbs, new potatoes, micro greens
Schenk Homestead Farm
- baby greens, arugula, premium greens mix (red mustard, red mizuna, green mustard, Chinese cabbage, tatsoi), bay kale, head lettuce (green summer crisp, red summer crisp, butterhead, red leaf), red pac choi, green cone cabbage, orange rib Swiss chard, kale (curly, lacinato), radish (red, sparkle, French breakfast), daikon radish, potatoes, Concord grapes, cherry tomatoes, slicing tomatoes, cilantro, microgreens (broccoli, mild brassica mix, red cabbage), last week for cucumbers and summer squash
Seaway Trail Honeyhjhh
https://www.nyhoneybuzz.com/#/ or 585-820-6619
- raw, fresh honey including flavorful fall honey just harvested this week in limited quantities, full assortment and sizes of seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher by Rabbi Avi Mammon, Rochester Kehillah Kosher, and endorsed by Star-K Kosher Certification. Live honey bees in their observation hive. Accepting donations for non-profit NY Bee Wellness.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- certified organic chicken eggs; certified organic pork: country-style ribs, spare ribs, ground, six types of sausage with organic seasonings; no-nitrite, organically smoked products: traditional bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, picnic hams, deli ham, bacon and ham ends, ham slices, hocks; fresh minute steaks, butt roasts, soup bones, leaf lard; certified organic whole and half broiler chickens, feet, gizzards, liver, hearts; certified organic whole pekin ducks, certified organic stew hens; grass-fed lamb raised on organic pastures: ground, neck roasts, racks, shoulder chops, loin chops, leg steaks, shanks, shoulder roasts (bone-in and deboned), leg roasts, soup bones
- mushrooms, mushroom grow kits
Squash Blossom Farm
- lettuce, arugula, spinach, frisee endive, escarole, kale, chard, radishes, turnips, beets, celery, celery root, fennel, parsley, dill, cilantro, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, tomatoes, radicchio, shallots, scallions, sweet onions
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- dahlias, lisianthus, sunflower, decorative sunflower bouquets, fresh scented eucalyptus, decorative false magnolia leaf, snapdragons, mixed bouquets
White Oak Farm
- a variety of vegetables
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- a variety of garden perennials
See you Sunday!