This Week — May 15, 2022
Is May the prettiest month of the year? It’s definitely a beautiful month at Brighton Farmers’ Market! Farmers are bringing plants for your home and garden, May-blooming flowers, and early spring harvests for delicious meals. You’ll find lots more from our farmers and producers, with more and more on offer each week of the season. Please join us Sunday, 9 to 1 as we celebrate the beauties of May.
At the Market
We welcome The Charlie Mitchell Group to the music tent.
Deep Arts will offer information about its activities.
Color Brighton Green joins us with information on how to live more sustainably.
Please consider donating to the Brighton Food Cupboard to support their efforts on behalf of the needy in our community.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Vendors This Week
BeeWild Honey Company
- raw honey and honey products
- Gala, Cameo, Crispin, Gold Delicious, and Macon apples
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soaps
- bibb lettuce,lettuce bouquets, spring mix, dandelion greens, curly kale, Tuscan kale, spicy mix, sorrel, microgreens, bok choi, escarole, arugula, cilantro
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
Boy and the Baker
- a variety of baked goods
- a variety of cookies including traditional and gluten free/vegan, granola bars, and chocolate fudge; all products are dairy-free
- grass-grown and finished Angus beef, dry beans, dried catnip
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
- variety of prepared foods, salads, and baked goods
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic scallions, green garlic, rainbow chard, spinach, French breakfast radishes, lettuce, salad mix, tomato transplants, herb transplants, flower transplants, Wild Thistle Herbal lotion bars and other herbal products
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing email@example.com
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries, pizza
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
- certified organic Gem lettuce, lettuce mix, spicy mix, baby Red Russian kale, pea shoots, dandelion micro greens, scallions, green garlic, cilantro, nettle, potted herbs, strawberry plants, Singer Farms tart cherry juice, CBD products
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 585-750-4244
- mac & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut-butter balls, chocolate bourbon balls, blueberry and mixed berry muffins, monster chocolate brownies, Grandma’s breakfast cake, Rainbow Pride cookies, chocolate chip cookies, lemon-berry dream cake, Jonathan’s classic carrot cake, GF carrot cake, beyond chocolate cake, vegan/GF beyond chocolate cake, ice cold lemonade.
- pre-order online at email@example.com, 585 750-4244. Place your order online and pick up at the market.
Kettle Ridge Farm
- maple and honey products, maple glazed sour cream donuts, maple ice cream sandwiches, maple ice cream pints
- Apples — Evercrisp, Jonagold, Empire, Cortland, Crispin, Idared; baked goods, rhubarb, asparagus
Lakestone Family Farm
- ramps, whole chickens, eggs
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors including sausage gravy, new fried Brussels sprouts
- Order ahead at lepetitpoutine.com; when you arrive at market, “hop the line” and let the team know you have pre-ordered.
- Certified organic herb, tomato, and pepper transplants; 6-packs of lettuce, chard, kale, cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and other greens; dwarf patio tomatoes; bay laurel; blueberry, rhubarb, goji berry, and grape plants, pear trees, bay laurel, figs, plus succulents, hanging baskets, garlic, and fresh cut bunches of rosemary, organic potting soil
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Newbury Park Pastries
- chicken, veggie, panang, shepherds, and specialty pulled pork pot pies, sugar cookies
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, leg quarters, bone-in breasts; pasture-raised pork fed organic feed: chops, ground, belly, shoulder, loin, uncured ham steaks; pasture-raised lamb: leg, rib chops, loin chops, ground, stew meat
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfamilyfarm.com/store
- lettuce, spinach, kale, baby salad turnips, chives, edible flowers
- contact email@example.com or call 585 789-0420
- greens, herbs, jams, soaps, handcrafted gifts
Schenk Homestead Farm
- purple “Bacchus” radish, red “Rover” radish, French Breakfast radish, crunchy baby greens, premium brassica mx greens, spring onions (red and white), Bauer green oakleaf head lettuce
- seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher. Live honey bees in their observation hive. Accepting donations for non-profit NY Bee Wellness.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- certified organic chicken eggs; certified organic pork: ground, six types of sausage with organic seasonings; no-nitrite, organically smoked bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, bacon ends, ham ends, hams, ham slices, hocks, fresh ham steaks, butt roasts, soup bones, leaf lard; certified organic whole broiler chickens, chicken gizzards, hearts and necks; grass-fed lamb raised on organic pastures: ground, shanks, leg steaks, bone-in leg roasts, shoulder chops, racks, kidneys, soup bones
- fresh oyster, lion’s mane, and shiitake mushrooms, mushroom grow kits, wild greens, nettles
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- bunches of ranunculus, butterfly ranunculus, peony-tulips, and more spring flowers
White Oak Farm
- mixed vegetables
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- a variety of perennials just starting to grow, ready for the garden, including some salvias, both blue and white flowering types, a lovely catmint groundcover called Purrsian Blue, and some silver leafed groundcover called Iamium Ghost for shady spots
See you Sunday!