This Week — April 24, 2022
Mother Nature must be as excited as we are for the return of Brighton Farmers’ Market — it looks like it’s going to be a glorious day! Please join us this warm, sunny Sunday, April 24, for the launch of the Market’s 2022 season, our 15th! Farmers are harvesting the first tender products of early spring, an impressive feat given this winter’s tenacious grip. These early spring flavors begin the months-long banquet of all-local, seasonal treats headed our way. Sunday, 9 am to 1 pm, Brighton High School parking lot, 1150 Winton Rd. S., Rochester.
A special thanks to Lili Schwartz and Ben Agronick of liliandben.com for this year’s beautiful poster and our website upgrade!
Music at the Market
We’re always happy to welcome Flexitarians to the music tent!
COVID Test Kit Distribution
This week the Town of Brighton will distribute free, rapid COVID test kits at the Market.
EBT/SNAP Bonus Program
Brighton Farmers’ Market is pleased to offer SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) customers the opportunity to purchase tokens using their SNAP benefits, which can be used to buy SNAP eligible foods at the Market. Any SNAP customer who purchases $5 in tokens with SNAP benefits will also receive a bonus $2 FreshConnect Check to purchase eligible Market products.
Vendors This Week
BeeWild Honey Company
- raw honey and honey products
- Gala, Cameo, and Macon apples
- for pre-orders or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
- vegetables, seasonal honeys, honeycomb, handmade artisan soaps
- bibb lettuce,lettuce bouquets, spring mix, dandelion greens, curly kale, Tuscan kale, spicy mix, sorrel, microgreens, bok choi, escarole, arugula, cilantro
- Please preorder at boltonfarms.gofarmmarket.com
- a variety of cookies including traditional and gluten free/vegan, granola bars, and chocolate fudge; all products are dairy-free
- grass-grown and finished Angus beef, dry beans, dried catnip
email@example.com or text (preferred) 585 261-5680
- certified organic tender greens mix (mizuna and kale sold by weight), arugula, sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes), parsnips, onions, shallots, and chicken eggs
East Hill Creamery
easthillcreamery.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 585 237-3622
- nine cheeses, eggs, toffee, crisp, dips
Fellenz Family Farm
- certified organic hardy veggie transplants, nasturtium transplants, yellow onions, red onions, spicy microgreens, Wild Thistle Herbal products
- Please pre-order or reserve by emailing email@example.com
First Light Creamery
- sheep yogurt, goat yogurt, chevre, Camembert, Ewe’s Blue Wedges, Three-Milk Gouda, Je T’Aime cheeses
Fisher Hill Farm
- chicken, eggs
Flour City Bread
- artisanal breads, pastries
Flour City Pasta
- artisanal dried pastas
- coffee drinks, beans
Growing Family Farms
- certified organic spinach, scallions, potted herbs, organic hemp CBD products
- compost bucket swap service plus zero waste lifestyle products and Fruition Seeds
- coffee, lemonade, cold brew
email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 585-750-4244
- peanut-butter balls, chocolate bourbon balls, blueberry and mixed berry muffins, monster chocolate brownies, Grandma’s breakfast cake, Rainbow Pride cookies, chocolate chip cookies, lemon-berry dream cake, Jonathan’s classic carrot cake, beyond chocolate cake, vegan/GF beyond chocolate cake, ice cold lemonade
- pre-order online at email@example.com, 585 750-4244. Place your order online and pick up at the market.
- Apples — Evercrisp, Jonagold, Empire, Cortland, Crispin, Idared, plus homemade caramel apple pecan pies and homemade raspberry jam thumbprint cookies
Lakestone Family Farm
- whole chickens and chicken pieces, eggs
Lavender Moon Herb Gardens
lavendermoonherbs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- soaps, salves, lotions, teas, natural tick and mosquito repellent, herbal culinary blends, comfort wraps, winter and spring tonic
- Please pre-order for more extensive product inventory. If ordering on website please select option for pick up at the market.
- Orders may also be left on shop phone at 585-624-4220 along with your email; you will be billed directly and be able to pay with credit or debit card.
Le Petit Poutine
- a variety of poutine flavors including the return of sausage gravy, the most popular brunch poutine served with fresh rosemary
- Order ahead at lepetitpoutine.com; when you arrive at market, “hop the line” and let the team know you have pre-ordered.
- certified organic herbs; cold hardy vegetable plants; dwarf patio tomatoes; bay laurel, blueberry, rhubarb, goji berry and grape plants; pear trees; bay laurel; figs; succulents; hanging baskets; and combination planters
- breakfast sandwiches (made with Fisher Hill Farm eggs): egg & cheese; bacon, egg, & cheese; chorizo, egg, and cheese; Marty’s smoked brisket, egg, & cheese
Neno’s Mexican Gourmet
- Mexican street food
Park View Farm
- pasture-raised non-soy chicken fed organic feed: whole birds, leg quarters, bone-in breasts; pasture-raised pork fed organic feed: chops, ground, belly, Italian sausage, shoulder, spare ribs; pasture-raised lamb: chops, ground, leg, stew meat
- to order go to https://www.parkviewfarmilyfarm.com/store
Schenk Homestead Farm
- baby arugula, baby salad greens, crunchy mix salad greens, brassica premium greens salad mix, purple radishes, spring onions, red and green pac choi, and a variety of microgreens
Seaway Trail Honey
https://seaway-trail-honey.square.site/s/shop, https://www.nyhoneybuzz.com/#/ or 585-820-6619
- Seasonal, local, raw honey: spring, early summer, summer, late summer, fall; apple blossom honey; some naturally crystallized honey; honeycombs in all sizes; cute seasonal mini honey bears; infused honeys (lavender, ginger, rosemary, red pepper, cinnamon, cocoa, rose petal, chamomile, cranberry, blueberry, and lemon infused), specialty bottles, and new cotton beeswax food wraps made with beeswax from Seaway Trail bees. All honey (including infused) Certified Kosher.
- To order in advance or if looking for a particular season or size contact Pat at 585-820-6619, email@example.com or visit NYHoney.Buzz
Shannon Brook Farm
- organic chicken eggs; organic pork: ground, six types of sausages with organic seasonings, no-nitrite organically smoked bacon, cottage bacon, jowl bacon, bacon ends, ham ends, hams, ham slices, deli ham, hocks, fresh ham steaks, butt roasts, spare ribs, soup bones, leaf lard; organic whole broiler chickens, chicken gizzards, liver, hearts, necks; grass-fed lamb: ground, shanks, leg steaks, bone-in leg roasts, shoulder chops, racks, hearts, kidneys, liver, and soup bones
- Pre-ordering is highly recommended. Call 607-731-1840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Saturday to order. Payment is accepted upon pickup at the market.
- fresh oyster, lion’s mane, and shiitake mushrooms, mushroom grow kits, wild greens, nettles
Timber Trails Forest Farm
- amber maple syrup, dark maple syrup, very dark maple syrup in 8 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz., and 1 ltr. glass bottles
Trademarks Flower Farm
- fresh bunches of panda anemones, specialty narcissus, and ranunculus, also dahlia tubers for planting in the garden
White Oak Farm
- mixed vegetables
Zantopia Herb Gardens
zantopia.com or Zantopia Gardens Facebook page
- perennial geranium (geranium pretense ‘splish splash’), perennial strawberry plants (fragaria ‘Tristan’), perennial primula (primula x pubescent ‘kaleidoscope’), plus an assortment of other perennial plants, which have just broken dormancy and are starting to grow
See you Sunday!